WHAT IS ROTARACT?
Rotaract clubs are part of a global effort to bring peace and international understanding to the World. This effort starts at the community level but knows no limits in its outreach.
It is an opportunity to be part of a fun, dynamic and unique International organisation for people aged 18-30, offering a wide range of activities that will enable you to try something new, whilst having a great time and meeting others.
Rotaract offers a wide choice of social activities, actively supports your local community, raises Money for charity and gives you the opportunity to develop your personal skills and gain new life experiences in Turkey and abroad.
The Goals of Rotaract
- To develop professional and leadership skills.
- To emphasize respect for the rights of others, based on recognition of the worth of each individual.
- To recognize the dignity and value of all useful occupations as opportunities to serve.
- To recognize, practice and promote ethical standards as leadership qualities and vocational responsibilities.
- To develop knowledge and understanding of the needs, difficulties and opportunities in the community and worldwide.
- To provide opportunities for personal group activities to serve the community and promote international understanding and goodwill toward all people.
Club Services Committee
The Club Service Committee works for the coordination of committees in the club.
- Developing strategies for saving and increasing the number of members in club.
- Planing activities which increase friendship and coordinates regular informal meetings
- Working with the secretary to arrange requirements of the meetings.
- Supporting the president.
- To motivate the members and the committees to attend the meetings of the club and the region. Informing members on rules of attendance and takes precautions in order to increase attendance ratio.
- Working with the president on member candidacy processes.
- Informing and advising members of the club on traditions of Rotaract and trains them.
Community Service Committee
Community Service Committee is responsible for performing projects which provides help and guidance to members to fulfill their responsibilities to our community. The Committee should determine the needs of the society and then find ways to meet them. After planning projects on the way, the committee should share it with members of Rotaract and Rotary.
Addition to these responsibilities, our community service committee is expected to realize the following goals:
- Investigating and planing the ideas related with the club’s community service projects of the year.
- Arrange and ease the way the projects are handled.
- Preparing the anticipated budget of projects.
Professional Development Committee
The purpose of the Professional Development Committee is to inform members on various vocations and make them embrace the idea that vocational success leads to success of community. After the committee is found, an activity plan should be prepared at the beginning of the year.
Activities performed by Professional Development Committee:
- Arranging meetings for professional introduction.
- Arranging on – location professional workshops.
- Arranging vocational introduction seminars.
- Providing guidance for members who look for internship.
- Attending and assisting activities of Rotary Club on vocational projects.
Information Services Committee
The main purpose of the Publicity & Public Relations Committee is to introduce Rotaract to public and targeted groups. Besides, this committee investigates and plans the ideas related with public relations projects of the year. The head of the committee plays the role of a leader in order to arrange and ease the way the projects are handled. The Committee gets in contact with the press and promotes the clubs projects. Documents the club events with photograps.
International Services Committee
The purpose of the International Service Committee is to cultivate peace, good will and understanding on international level. The committee takes the role of connecting the club to the world and building friendship among rotaractors all around the world. This committee investigates and plans the ideas related with the club’s international service projects of the year. This committee plays the role of a leader in order to arrange and ease the way the projects are handled and arrange activities which cultivate international understanding among club members and society.
International Service Committee may perform following tasks:
- Motivating rotaractos who visit other countries to meet with Rotaract and Rotary clubs of that country.
- Getting in touch, exchange ideas and performing common projects with rotaractors of other countries.
- Hosting guest speakers related to international topics and concerns.
- Inviting foreign students to club meetings (for instance; students of Rotary Exchange Program)
- Introducing our country to foreign guests.